You take a gun and shoot an animal. Say like your neighbor or a squirrel. Safe to say that at any one time both can be spotted in the locale and struck down with ease. You can rest easy in knowing that the pencil rains will lodge in the target you shot at, and maybe even in some stuff you didn't shoot at.
You can take this recipe to the bank and put it in a long-term deposit, because the results are always guaranteed:
1. Some goof produces said weapon from a factory.
2. Some goof owns a store that peddles death.
3. Some goof buys the power toy.
4. Said last goof gets a novel idea.
5. Someone, not necessarily a goof, dies.